Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mini Pita Pizzas








MINI PITA PIZZAS


I am guessing that we are not the only family that has a love affair with pizza? My kids would literally eat it every single day! (Who am I kidding, so would I!!) So, with this recipe we can eat it and not feel crappy afterwards! My kids love it with or without the veggies.. it was a fight at first with vegetables, but now they don't even question them!! (Most of the time. KIDS ARE KIDS!! Sometimes they just want to argue ;) )

So, give these a try and I promise they won't disappoint!

Ingredients:
  • 100% Whole Wheat Mini Pitas
  • Olive oil
  • Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
  • Natural Pizza Sauce
  • Any veggies!!!!   I have used sauteed mushrooms, spinach, red peppers, garlic, red onions, fresh tomatoes and basil.  You can also experiment with sliced chicken, ground turkey, ect.
Arrange pitas on a cookie sheet and lightly brush with oil.  Top with pizza sauce, veggies and mozzarella.  Bake on 400 degrees until cheese is melted.  Enjoy as an appetizer, snack or meal!  We serve with a big side salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment