Sunday, February 9, 2014

Meal Planning and P90X3

I can hardly believe that I am heading into week 8 of P90X3 as of TOMORROW!  It is crazy to me how much strength I am gaining from this program! I have done almost all of the Beachbody programs and I love them ALL in different ways! I will be honest, on the first day of each of the workouts it took me almost the whole 30 minutes to figure out the moves. That is TOTALLY normal. Don't give up when you don't get something on the first try.. or even the second or third try! It is like the saying goes. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!! The strength and flexibility I have gained over the past 8 weeks is crazy to me! I am able to do 4 unassisted pull ups at this point. I can do 8 unassisted chin ups and I am going up in my dumbbell weight each week. I actually just told my husband that I really 'NEED' the select tech weights because I am going to surpass 30 pound dumbbells before I know it!! ;) He didn't seem as enthusiastic about it as I do!! Dumbbell point aside... this workout is amazing and it TRULY IS FOR ANYONE AT ANY FITNESS LEVEL. There is a modifier and there are things that you won't be able to do the first time. PERIOD. There are things you will have to work towards for awhile before you master it.. BUT, that's just it... we are ALL a work in progress. RIGHT?! Yes. So, get something that challenges you and you get to work for something every single day. Isn't that what life is all about? Striving for progress and not perfection? That's my thoughts at least.

I do know one thing about working out (well, honestly.. I know more than one thing, but I will say one thing right now)... You have to make it a habit. I get up every single day between 5:15 and 5:30 am to get my workout done. The BEAUTY of P90X3 is that it is 30 minutes from start to finish. So, I know that I will be done by 6:00 am and then I put my mommy hat on and get the kiddos breakfast, dressed and out the door for school. That is just how my morning goes. I have a plan and a schedule every day and it works for me. NOW, you do not HAVE to workout everyday before the sun comes up. It really is whatever time works best for you and your schedule. I will say that if you are someone who will fret about your workout until it is done and not looming over your head, then you SHOULD TRY to get yourself in the HABIT of working out before you start your day. It amps up your energy for the day, you feel great because you know you already got your sweat on and you don't have to plan around the rest of your day to 'fit it in.' You should never have to fit in your workout, your YOU time. It should be a priority. You don't cancel on your boss do you? Well, don't cancel on yourself! Make YOU the best you there can be. Take care of your body. 

The more you workout, the more you eat healthy, the better you'll feel. It's simple science. And you will begin to get results! I don't care who you are.... I promise that you will and do feel better the more you workout and eat clean. Fueling your body properly sets your days, weeks, months and years up for SUCCESS!! 

I am a prime example of how meal planning will get you results. Eating clean is a passion of mine. I started my clean eating journey last March, so it's been 11 months now and I have never looked back. I was always someone who could run through a drive thru 3 times a week, drink a soda a day and be 'fine.' (OR SO I THOUGH).. The first picture was taken last March. I was 130 pounds and really felt bloated and icky all the time. I was a size 4 and just didn't feel comfortable in my own skin anymore. YES, I know some of you are thinking... "OH POOR YOU... A SIZE 4!!!"... I never did nor will I ever complain about being a size 4! However; again it does not matter what SIZE you are or how much you WEIGH.. it is how you feel that should matter! I was feeling tired, grumpy, lazy, bloated and just plain miserable most days. I could FEEL the sugar/wheat/gluten take over my insides when I would eat it. NOT A GOOD FEELING!! 




So, I started researching clean eating and embraced it. My family and I eat the same things each day. We LOVE what we eat and don't miss Taco Bell or McDonalds... that's for sure!! Now, another important factor in this.. WE ARE
REAL PEOPLE. We cheat at least one meal, sometimes two meals a week. We plan it out and decide what we want. Most days we go out to eat after church on Sundays. Some days it is pizza, others it is pasta, hamburgers, ice cream, whatever!! 80% of the time we eat clean and 20% of the time we splurge and eat what we are craving. I will ALWAYS tell everyone that MODERATION is the key. If there is a night where I just WANT a beer, guess what.. I'm going to have a beer. I just ALWAYS ACCOUNT FOR IT. That is another key factor. You should count calories if you don't really know what you are eating and WRITE EVERYTHING YOU PUT INTO YOUR MOUTH DOWN ON PAPER. It may be a reality check for some of you! It sure was for me! SO this is what I started to do... I started to make a weekly meal plan. Wrote out EVERYTHING I was going to eat.. And guess what? IT HELPED! I would print out a copy and hang it on my fridge, I would print a copy for my car and I would give a copy to my husband who would pack his meals and take them to work with him. We started to lose weight and feel better!!! So, now.. 11 months later I weigh in at 120-122, depending on the day and I just FEEL BETTER. I love this lifestyle, I know that we are doing our bodies so much more justice than before and the biggest reward is knowing that my kids are being properly nourished. We all LOVE shakeology each day and that is our 'treat' for the day. We LOVE our life!






Now, like I said before it has become a lifestyle change. BUT, it did not happen overnight! It is baby steps!! I don't expect you to throw everything away in your pantry unless if you are an all or nothing type of person. It is the gradual little changes that happen. Do you think that I LOVE to get up at 5:15 every single morning?? NOPE! BUT, I love the rewarding feeling I have after my workout is over, so that is worth it for me. I am like the rest of you. I want to stay in my warm bed and hit the snooze over and over, but I MAKE myself get up and head out to my freezing cold garage by 5:30 am. It works. Some mornings I want to cry! HAHAH!!! Other mornings I'm fired up and ready to go! (Those are usually the mornings that I have some new workout clothes to wear!! ;) ) But, this is just the real me. Sometimes I will have a Pepsi on a day that isn't a scheduled cheat mea (NOT OFTEN, I PROMISE YOU THAT) but sometimes... I do. It's all about accounting for it and making up for it in other ways. Maybe and extra workout session or a few cut calories for another meal. All in all.. Enjoy your life, but be HEALTHY! We only get one body! TREAT IT WELL!!! And yes, this is me in front of my space heater waiting for my P90X3 workout to START!! YOU CAN DO IT! You have to WANT IT :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment