Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls







UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS

Okay- this recipe is so good. I was a little 'leery' at first because my family can be picky at times, but that doesn't stop me from making a new recipes and trying new things!! So, I whipped this one up and MAN!! It is SO GOOD! My kids loved it, my hubby loved it and it has become a staple on our meal plans!! It is a perfect recipe for a cold fall/winter day and everyone will love it!



Ingredients:

1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
1-1 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped (I slice it up pretty thin and kind of chop it finely)
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt

Preparation:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
I like to add some cooked brown rice to this too :) Yummy!!
Yield: Serves 6 to 8



No comments:

Post a Comment