I get this question A LOT.. WHAT DO I EAT??!!! Well, I'm about to give you several ideas of what you can eat that is healthy and tasty all at the same time! I do not believe in eating foods that don't taste like food! You have to be satisfied in order to stay on track. You don't want to dislike what you are eating because then you will continue to crave the 'bad stuff' and there will be no changes made! Let's eat yummy foods that are healthy, okay??!
These snacks are ideal and delicious! Here we go!
First thing is first-- You have to count your calories in order to stick to your daily goals. If you are trying to lose weight you especially have to watch what you are eating in order to restrict the calories to lose the pounds. It is science. So basically you will want your snacks to be between 150-300 calories depending on your goals. And you should have 2-3 snacks a day and 3 meals.
You also need to focus on eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. You have to eat to lose weight! That is just how it all works! It will increase your metabolism and your body will work properly! It's not rocket science, food is FUEL! HOWEVER; it will not work if you are eating high calorie, high fat foods! Eat clean, healthy whole foods and you will notice a difference in your body almost immediately! Weight loss is 70% what you are eating! Clean eating is vital! And it is yummy :)
- Shakeology- Shakeology is a meal replacement protein shake that has over 70 NATURAL ingredients, but does so good for your health and heart, along with fighting cravings and giving you energy! You can even make yummy deserts, or on the run shake it in a shaker with water or almond milk and WALAH!!
- 1 cup of veggies (such as carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc. ) with 2-3 TBSP of hummus- I thought I would HATE hummus!! I even gagged it down the first few times I had it! But then I found a brand that I liked and stuck to it! Try different kinds before you throw out the idea all together!
- 1 apple with 14 almonds OR cashews
- 2 plain unsalted brown rice cakes with 1-2 TBSP of all natural peanut butter with 1/2 banana sliced on top
- 5-6 egg whites with salsa
- 1-2 cups of celery with 1-2 TBSP of all natural peanut butter
- 2 cups of cubed watermelon with one serving of cashews
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup berries
- cheese stick and one small apple
- an orange and 3 cups of skinny pop popcorn (find at Sams)
- 1 slice of cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread (found in freezer section) toasted with 1 tbsp. peanut butter and 1/2 a banana
- 2 stalk of celery 1-2 TBSP peanut butter- crunchy and good!
- 1 cup cucumber slices and 14 almonds- you can find cocoa almonds and cinnamon almonds! They are delicious and taste like a treat! They are EMERALD brand! Try them, you'll be hooked!
- 2 hard boiled eggs with 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (measured before cooking) with a handful of blueberries- I eat this for breakfast and for snacks! I love it! Play around with your oatmeal, it can be made so many different ways!
- Dry- roasted Edamame- If you use ¼ cup, it is only 130 calories, 14 grams of protein and makes a delicious snack. Or try them raw!
- Hard boiled eggs! So easy and they are grab and go! Make a bunch on Sundays so you have them all week!