I got this recipe from a friend and fellow Beachbody coach. IT. IS. AWESOME!!! It is so easy and quick! Takes minutes to put together and then bake for 40 minutes, DONE!! Pair it with a veggie and you are good to go!! Healthy, simple and TASTY! What more can you ask for?!! TRY IT :)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the ground turkey and onion until brown. Once cooked turn to low and add salsa, black beans and taco seasoning and mix together. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cup of cottage cheese.
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, line the pan with 1/2 of the tortilla strips. Scoop 1/2 of the meat mixture on top and spread out, covering the tortillas. Then add 1/2 of the cheese mix on top of the meat and spread. Repeat the layers again with remaining strips, meat, and cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes and enjoy! Makes 4 servings at 350 calories each.