Thursday, January 2, 2014

TOMATO BASIL TURKEY CUTLETS









This recipe is on the menu for tonight!!  I made it once before and we LOVED it!  I'm talking delicious.  My husband is the type of guy who will eat whatever I cook, but if he doesn't like it he's going to tell me about it!  But with this recipe, he and the kids gobbled it up and asked for it again.  So, here we are!  I'm making it again and sharing it with all of you!  I really focus on eating lean meats.  I am always trying to find new recipes to satisfy us since we eat a ton of chicken and turkey.  So, this takes the cake!  

Best part.. IT IS SO EASY TO MAKE!!  Seriously!! 6 Ingredients! BAM! It's simple.  I will be pairing it with some baked asparagus and quinoa! (And for those of you who are like "What the HECK is quinoa?!!"--- I used to be the same way! Had NO IDEA how to even say the word, let alone where to find it!)  But it's usually in the organic section of your grocery store (at least it is at mine) OR you can find it at Sam's Club or Costco for the best deal!


INGREDIENTS:

  • Turkey Breast Cutlets- I use 4.
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes- low sodium
  • 1 medium size onion- chop it up very fine. I use my food processor for it.
  • Garlic powder
  • Dried basil
  • 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS:

  • You will need to grease a 9x13 casserole dish and put the turkey cutlets along the bottom of it. Sprinkle some basil and garlic powder on the meat and then pour the can of tomatoes over the top, then put the onions on top of that and lastly, sprinkle with cheese!!
  • COVER it with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes!! 
  • ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment