Monday, November 18, 2013

Clean Eating Sloppy Joes







I have been a lover of sloppy joes since I was a kid! But, my mom's recipe is definitely not the 'cleanest' and I have cut out added sugars in my family's food :) So, this is the best sloppy joe recipe I have found and I don't miss all of the other add ins!!

Clean Eating Sloppy Joe’s
These make about 8 sloppy Joes :) 

Ingredients
1 tbsp. olive oil
1-1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey meat 
1 (15 oz.) can organic tomato sauce, no sugar added
1/2 cup clean ketchup (I use simply heinz)
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. raw honey
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper

Directions
Step 1 – Put your olive oil in a large pan, add the turkey meat and cook over medium heat.
Step 2 – Once the meat is cooked, add everything else. Stir until well blended and heated through.
Step 3 – Scoop however much you want onto a clean hamburger bun or ezekiel english muffin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment