Friday, December 6, 2013

Tacos









I must say.. Mexican Food is my ALL TIME FAVORITE! We seriously eat it about 3 times a week at my house. No joke! I really think that my family and I are going to someday turn into a taco!  One thing we really RARELY do is actually go out to eat mexican food though because of all the added sodium and fat in the fajitas, enchiladas, etc! So, I have learned how to make our favorite meals in a clean way that is equally delicious! Now, we prefer 'momma's cookin' over the real deal any day! So, here we go. One super simple easy dinner that my kids LITERALLY request every single day!

TACOS :)



Easy Peasy Turkey Tacos!

1 pound ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1/3 cup water

1. Brown and chop up the turkey meat on the stove.
2. Add the taco seasoning and water.
3. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. EAT!!

Ummm… how easy is that?

We serve them on tortillas or hard shell tacos! My kids love the hard shells! We put lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, plain greek yogurt, black beans and taco sauce on ours. We really just load them up! It is a super healthy meal, so that is why we eat it so often! The black beans amp up the protein even more than just the meat alone and the fiber in the beans is always a plus! Lots of veggies is a must and I usually make some asparagus to go with them as a side.
Super yummy and FAST :)

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment