Saturday, December 21, 2013

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops







I am a creature of habit, so I tend to stick to what I love and know that my family loves too. When I try new recipes it is usually the basics of chicken or turkey. My husband and I have never really been huge fans of pork (unless if it is a huge ham on Christmas, then my hubby is all over it! ;)  ) but we really don't eat much pork. Well, I came across this recipe not too long ago and decided to try it because we were really getting sick of the same meals over and over again. Well, let me tell you.. it was a HIT! My kids asked for seconds and my hubby really enjoyed them too. We paired them with some brown rice and asparagus and we all ate it up! So good and super easy! I don't do hard dinners! NO WAY! So, here you go :) 

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Ingredients:  
  • 3/4 c parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp basil leaves
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp dried orgeno
  • 1 dash black pepper
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 lbs pork chops
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
  • In a small bowl whisk together mustard, oil, and spices.
  • Season the 4 pork chops with pepper, then brush both sides of the chops with the mustard mixture.
  • Press the grated cheese into both sides of the chops.
  • Place the chops on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  The coating should be browned and slightly crispy and the pork should be cooked through.
  • REMEMBER: If you don't like pork then you can also use this recipe with boneless chicken breasts instead of pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment