Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf









Oh meatloaf.. who ever came up with this dinner anyways? It is literally a loaf of meat!! Come on! Now, if it were up to me, I would probably never make this, but it is my husband's favorite meal.. no joke! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and canned corn. EWH! I'm a hater and I will admit it! That is not a meal I enjoy! BUTTTT, today was his birthday, so you know what that means? The man gets his fave! And, I will admit.. the meatloaf tonight was actually…. GOOD!!! Yes, I really did enjoy the meatloaf and my salad.. I still don't like canned corn ;) I am going to share the meatloaf recipe because like I said, it was really good and I made it super yummy!!! I encourage you all to give it a whirl! I added minced veggies to it too and no one even noticed ;) That's a bonus!


Turkey Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 sleeve saltine crackers
1/3 cup milk
1/2 onion-- finely chopped ( I put mine in my food processor and practically puree all of the veggies!)
1 whole zucchini- finely grated
2 carrots- finely grated
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder (or mince your own!)

form into loaves and bake on 350 degrees for 50 minutes!!

SPECIAL SAUCE--
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 'squirt' mustard

bring to a boil in a saucepan for 1 minute. Pour over cooked meatloaf and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.

Slice and serve!

It really is GOOD!!! And you get your veggies in there too! :) :)

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment