Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Kale Salad








I will confess that I have not yet tried this recipe. It is however on my meal plan for next week! I can't wait to try it. I really don't think that there is any way that it will go wrong! I mean, it sounds AMAZING!! And the few ingredients that are put together will no doubt be delicious! I love simple, yummy, and healthy! This recipe meets all three :) Who says that eating healthy is gross? That is definitely not the case around here!! We always have a satisfied belly!!

Here you go!

Kale Salad With Goat Cheese, Pears, Pecans and Pomegranate

Toast 1/2 cup pecan halves at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Just line them up on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven. That SIMPLE!!
Let them cook and chop them up a little bit! Set aside. 



DRESSING:

2 TBSP Fresh Pomegranate Juice
2 TBSP white Balsamic Vinegar
1 TBSP EVOO
1 minced scallion- listen up… just chop up the white part and the light green part!!)
1 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1 3/4 tsp Honey
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. It will keep up to one day in the refrigerator.

SALAD:

3 Pears- slice them thin
8 Cups Baby Kale leaves
1/2 cup pomegranate arils - see pic to the right!
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese


Serve topped with the toasted pecans!!

Doesn't this sound so good?! It is packed FULL of nutrients and super foods! And it will be sweet and SO GOOD :) I can't wait to have this for dinner! I will pair it with some Beef Tenderloin! Recipe for that will be posted soon! Stay tuned to my Healthy Recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment