Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Top 6 Tips To Get Motivated To Workout



When I hear people tell me that working out just comes so naturally to me- I kinda want to cringe! Nothing really comes naturally to anyone- but with the right mindset it is easier to see WHY making it a priority everyday is so important!!

Do you want to workout? Do you want to get yourself onto a good routine and stop the rat race of excuses that fly everyday?


Here are are my 6 tips that get me motivated to workout everyday and i'm going to share them with you. Remember- these are things that have to be done consistently over time before they become a habit! It takes 3 weeks to create a habit! After 3 weeks of trying to escape your new workout routine- you'll begin to embrace it! Trust me :)




1. Set a goal! What do you want to see happen? Lose 10 pounds or maybe more? Tone up and feel better? Now- break them down into small weekly goals! Is it to lose 1 pound a week? 2 pounds a week? Celebrate every reached goal- THEN VISUALIZE your GOALS! It is so important to visualize how you are going to feel once you've accomplished your goals! What will you look like? What will you enjoy doing differently after you reach your goals?
Write them down- stick them all over your house- print pics if that will help and keep your eye on the prize!!

Hands down- JUST MOVE!! You've gotta get the excuses out!




2. Wear cute workout clothes! Motivational tanks are my fave! Cute Nike Pro shorts- matching sports bra- really whatever it takes! I swear- when you look cute- you feel cute! Target, Fabletics, TJ Maxx,  Marshalls, Victorias Secret, Dicks, Academy, Nike, Outlet Malls--- these are a few of my favorite places to shop!!




3. You've gotta LOVE your workout program. You really do! If you are someone who is into cardio, but you're trying to do a Yoga program- it's not going to motivate you to get your butt out of bed and get it done! Or if it's something that you've done over and over again- you're not going to want to do it and you'll put it off until later... then later never comes.
For me- I love kickboxing, weight training and HIIT type workouts. I choose my program based on my goals! If you need some help choosing something- reach out and let me know- I can help.



4. PREWORKOUT.

Oh My Gosh. Seriously- I used to be closed minded and would never even consider taking a pre workout. I had heard horror stories from some people and I wasn't going to use anything... UNTIL on day I did my own research and took the advice of some friends and other health professionals and went in for the kill. I made sure that all of the ingredients were all natural and I chose Beachbody's Energy and Endurance. AHHHH!!! It is my life saver! It's hard NOT to workout when my energy kicks in from that and when I'm done- I don't crash and burn. It's prefect for me, but remember- for some a cup of coffee is a great pre workout too!



5.  GET A WORKOUT BUDDY!!! Seriously- accountability partners are KEY! We have to be surrounded by like minded people! Get a friend and start to get your workout on! A simple text in the morning telling each other to get out of bed works wonders!!


6. You've gotta know WHY you are doing this. Your WHY has to be something so strong that on the days when you feel like giving up- the days when you feel like eating the ice cream or going through the drive thru- it's what keeps you grounded and away from the bad.

Ask yourself- WHY is now the time that you are ready to change? That why is really your self motivation. You can have all of the support you need with coaches, friends, family members cheering you on, but if it's not right in your mind- then you will never succeed. Hard core TRUTH! I know from personal experience. The why will be what will help you get back up and brush yourself off when you fall- because you WILL fall! It happens, it's life! We get back up and start fresh the next day. Your results will come from 1st- mindset, 2nd- putting in the work for your workouts AND don't forget the thing that controls 80% of your results... YOUR NUTRITION! You have to eat properly and follow a meal plan. I fought that part for so long- well I never reached my goals until I changed up what I was eating and drinking!


Those are my 6 tips for you! If you'd like additional help or advice- please reach out. You can find me on fb @ fb.com/valbfitness or email me: valbozzo15@gmail.com!


CHOOSE A HEALTHY LIFE! You deserve to live your life to the fullest! Be happy and cherish every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment