Friday, June 13, 2014

Coconut French Toast

Clean Eating Coconut French Toast

I LOVE FRENCH TOAST!!!

I mean-- i'm pretty much obsessed! I love breakfast food all together. I know that a lot of you hear clean eating and assume that it is all veggies... wrong!!! I seriously take 'normal' recipes and put a twist on them to make them clean and healthy!! 

So, here is a recipe for french toast that I found somewhere on Pinterest! GOTTA LOVE PINTEREST!!

I for one am a little obsessed with coconut. I LOVE IT! So, when I saw that I could put it with some french toast... YES PLEASE! It is delish and I hope that you love it as much as my family and I do!
Clean Eating Coconut French Toast
(Makes 4-6 servings)

Ingredients
  • 4 egg whites
  • 2/3 cup light coconut milk- you can find this at giant eagle.
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 4-8 slices clean, whole grain bread such as Ezekiel bread
  • 1/3 cup dry coconut flakes
  • Honey or Maple Syrup for topping
  • I also love to pair some fruit with mine!

Directions:
 In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.

Then, put your bread in to the mixture. Make sure that you get the whole piece of bread pretty wet with the liquid. 
 Using a non-sick pan and a very light coat of olive oil... cook on medium heat until the bread is cooked through. Make sure that it is cooked all the way through.

 Put the toast on a plate and sprinkle each piece with 1-2 tbsps. of the coconut flakes.

 Add a little honey, syrup and or fruit to taste and serve.

We always have some clean eating turkey sausages and some scrambled eggs with veggies with ours! We go all out with breakfast for dinner! LOVE this meal!

Hope you LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment